Friday, August 30, 2013

Flight Scheduled for Albania!




The Official Flight Schedule: SLC, Washington DC, Munich Germany, Tirana Albania. Leaving Tuesday morning for the Airport @ 4:30. Flight leaves 8:30. I'll be in the sky for a little over 18 hours.











Well, Albania, though 5,000 miles away, is no farther than just around the corner. 9 weeks has passed awfully quickly. Whoever made the statement "Time flies when you're having fun" must not have understood the life of a Mormon missionary. Because time F.L.I.E.S. when you are serving the Lord full-time. Even that is an understatement. 

In other news, I finished my consecration week today. Straight Albanian 7 days in a row. It was probably the most helpful catalyst in my learning of the language. I'm still far from comfortable in speaking or carrying out conversation, but let me tell you, it is coming FAST.

Well, I love you more than my time, which is about to expire, presently allows me to tell you. I wish you only the best of success in school and whatever pursuits you may choose. T minus 22 months and counting.

Love,

Elder Benson Ryan Gunther



 Evening snacks make for good naps.



          Probably the worlds most holy leaf-bug. It's on the Lord's campus.



The concluding picture of companions Elder Braden Richards and Elder Benson Gunther. Props to Elder Richards. He is a first-rate missionary.

   Another picture with me pointing at a map. I know it's cliche, but it's just what's got to be done when you're a missionary. 'Nuf said.


 Us and the bus. The preferred (only) mode of transportation at the MTC.


   I love to see the Temple. But I'd love even more to see a Temple in Albania. 


No comments:

Post a Comment